Old September 24th 03, 03:59 AM
Eva & Dan

Default Help Hammarlund HQ170

Hello
I am in need of a Vernier Tuning Variable Capacitor for a HQ-170,
Hammarlund
part # K42040-2, mine is slipping and not tunable, I also need a clock
knob
Any sources for the above parts new or used?

Thanks
Dan Weston KB1JIH
Standish, Maine

Old September 25th 03, 02:43 PM
Ed Engelken

Hello
I am in need of a Vernier Tuning Variable Capacitor for a HQ-170,
Hammarlund
part # K42040-2, mine is slipping and not tunable, I also need a clock
knob
Any sources for the above parts new or used?

=============================
Dan:

Have you tried cleaning the capacitor drive mechanism? I use Ronsonol
lighter fluid to de-grease dial drives and it works well. Those
planetary mechanisms should be grease-free to work well. A knob from
a cheap baklite clock radio will fit the HQ-170 clock.

Best Regards,

Ed
Canyon Lake, TX

Old September 25th 03, 04:20 PM
Roger D Johnson

Eva & Dan wrote:
Hello
I am in need of a Vernier Tuning Variable Capacitor for a HQ-170,
Hammarlund
part # K42040-2, mine is slipping and not tunable, I also need a clock
knob
Any sources for the above parts new or used?

Thanks
Dan Weston KB1JIH
Standish, Maine

Hi Dan....

If you remove the knob and pointer does the cap turn freely? Make sure
that the pointer is not dragging on the panel. It could also be that the
lube has dried up. Try a drop of 3in1 or some other light oil.

I have a clock knob from my parts collection....no charge.

73, Roger in Limington. tel 637-3484

--
Remove tilde (~) in e-mail address to reply

Old September 25th 03, 04:20 PM
Roger D Johnson

Eva & Dan wrote:
Hello
I am in need of a Vernier Tuning Variable Capacitor for a HQ-170,
Hammarlund
part # K42040-2, mine is slipping and not tunable, I also need a clock
knob
Any sources for the above parts new or used?

Thanks
Dan Weston KB1JIH
Standish, Maine

Hi Dan....

If you remove the knob and pointer does the cap turn freely? Make sure
that the pointer is not dragging on the panel. It could also be that the
lube has dried up. Try a drop of 3in1 or some other light oil.

I have a clock knob from my parts collection....no charge.

73, Roger in Limington. tel 637-3484

--
Remove tilde (~) in e-mail address to reply

Hammarlund clock knob Natan Huffman Boatanchors 0 September 22nd 03 11:39 PM
Hammarlund clock knob Natan Huffman Boatanchors 0 September 22nd 03 11:39 PM
Hammarland HQ170 LJL160 Boatanchors 0 September 10th 03 12:51 PM
FA: Hammarlund SP-600 manual WZ1U Boatanchors 0 August 30th 03 12:07 PM
Wanted Hammarlund HQ-205 Bill Ruppert Boatanchors 0 August 29th 03 08:17 PM