Old October 7th 03, 01:14 PM
David Stinson

Default FA: Hallicrafters, National, ARC-5, Western Electric

Several interesting items:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ms&userid=arc5

Thanks for looking.
Old October 7th 03, 06:36 PM
Phil Witt

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:14:36 GMT, David Stinson
wrote:

Several interesting items:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ms&userid=arc5

Thanks for looking.

Well, I usually think of you as being a good communicator but you are
saying nothing about these receivers. I guess they are complete,
undamaged, and all that.

Old October 7th 03, 11:23 PM
David Stinson

Phil Witt wrote:

Well, I usually think of you as being a good communicator but you are
saying nothing about these receivers. I guess they are complete,
undamaged, and all that.

My darling wife is trying to learn to list things in order to
help out, Phil. Didn't want to criticize her, especially since
she doesn't know much about the radios. I figured if anyone
was concerned, they'd send a question, which I'd be glad to answer.
She'll learn more about the stuff as we go through it.
If there's anything I can tell you about any of the items,
please let me know.

73 Dave S.

Old October 7th 03, 11:51 PM
Phil Witt

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:23:41 GMT, David Stinson
wrote:

Phil Witt wrote:

Well, I usually think of you as being a good communicator but you are
saying nothing about these receivers. I guess they are complete,
undamaged, and all that.

My darling wife is trying to learn to list things in order to
help out, Phil. Didn't want to criticize her, especially since
she doesn't know much about the radios. I figured if anyone
was concerned, they'd send a question, which I'd be glad to answer.
She'll learn more about the stuff as we go through it.
If there's anything I can tell you about any of the items,
please let me know.

73 Dave S.

I'm slightly interested because of your posting. Never go looking for
receivers on my own. Can't ever remember which BC is what frequency
and stuff. Would be nice to see it in the auction description along
with some of the other details. They look clean.

#1 is the longwave version, 190-550 KCs.
It needs cleaning, but looks OK.
Haven't opened the bottom.

#2 and #3 are both the 3-6 Mhz radios.

The R-32 is in a sealed, never opened factory box.
Cool, but I can't afford to keep it any longer.

#1 and #2 appear complete and unmodified,
but I have not taken out the dozen screws to pull the
bottom covers off and look. They haven't been otherwise
hacked on, so it's a good bet they're OK, especially with that
partial depot tag on #2.

#3 has a hand=lettered tag on it saying it's "recapped,"
but again I haven't had the time time pull it all apart
and see exactly what was done. It looks pretty clean and
has some interesting markings.

I've been really pushed for time these days, so
I'm taking the risk that my experiance with these sets
and an "eyeballing" is giving me
the correct condition of the radio.
Keeping a good feedback profile and good reputation as an
honest seller is far more important than selling one radio,
so if I sent it to someone and they discovered it was whacked-up
and they were unhappy, I would refund their money.

73 Dave S.

Old October 8th 03, 02:39 AM
jakdedert

It's amazing what people will pay to get the correct speaker for their
vintage boatanchor, isn't it? (Item number: 3050954351)

jak