Old October 7th 03, 06:26 PM
K5VSE

Default Collins G-133F questions

Hi to all,

Anyone got any info on a converted Collins 51S1 for airborne use by
Military
surveillance aircraft. It was done by an outfit known as LTV I think. It is
in a rack mount with locking handles. A few extra controls added in
different shapes so that they could be identified in the dark...

At one time, I did find a site that had pictures of the rig, mounted in a
DC-3. So far, I haven't been able to locate this site the second time.
This is all I have been able to find about this receiver.

Any help appreciated
Thanks to all responses

--
Mike-K5VSE
Formerly WB6VSE, senior tech, amateur division

Old October 8th 03, 07:32 PM
Martin Potter

"K5VSE" ) writes:
Hi to all,

Anyone got any info on a converted Collins 51S1 for airborne use by
Military
surveillance aircraft. It was done by an outfit known as LTV I think. It is
in a rack mount with locking handles. A few extra controls added in
different shapes so that they could be identified in the dark...

Mike,

Fair Radio's catalog for 1980 says "Set is a Collins 51@1 receiver
repackaged by LTV-Temco for mil-airborne use with extended lower frequency
range, jack for 14-600 kHz LF tuner, AM BFO, and extra electronic
filtering." etc etc. Is that what you wanted?

They give a few more specs, tube counts, voltages required, and of course
the price (back then HI).

73,
.... Martin VE3OAT