RadioBanter

-   -   Help with Hallicrafters S-77 (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/3850-help-hallicrafters-s-77-a.html)

Ron October 8th 03 10:25 AM

Help with Hallicrafters S-77

Hi
This looks like a sensible news group! who but sensible people
would want to repair and play with Old Knackered Radios :))
Being a lonely Brit trying to refurbish an old American Radio
I'm a bit stuck, I have repaired the old girl and it works very
well after sitting in a garage for many years as a home for
spiders, But I can't seem to align it correctly in as much as
I can't get the osc to track the dial reading and keep it in
good spec across the band? also I'm a bit worried about the
bandspread dial, it reads 100 with the tuning cap fully in
this means as you go up from 0 to 100 you are going down in
frequency? is this right? or has someone strung the dial cord
incorrectly? do I align it with the bandspead cap fully meshed
or not? I could really do with the alignment instructions has
anyone got them out there? I've looked for a manual but they
either want lots of $ (whatever they are :)) or the ones that
are available don't have the circuit or alignment details :((
Also :) Are there any transfers or refurb material available
I'd love to respray it but don't want to lose the original
transfers or logo, any help very welcome
from Ron G3YUH