Old October 8th 03, 10:25 AM
Ron

Default Help with Hallicrafters S-77

Hi
This looks like a sensible news group! who but sensible people
would want to repair and play with Old Knackered Radios )
Being a lonely Brit trying to refurbish an old American Radio
I'm a bit stuck, I have repaired the old girl and it works very
well after sitting in a garage for many years as a home for
spiders, But I can't seem to align it correctly in as much as
I can't get the osc to track the dial reading and keep it in
good spec across the band? also I'm a bit worried about the
bandspread dial, it reads 100 with the tuning cap fully in
this means as you go up from 0 to 100 you are going down in
frequency? is this right? or has someone strung the dial cord
incorrectly? do I align it with the bandspead cap fully meshed
or not? I could really do with the alignment instructions has
anyone got them out there? I've looked for a manual but they
either want lots of $ (whatever they are ) or the ones that
are available don't have the circuit or alignment details (
Also Are there any transfers or refurb material available
I'd love to respray it but don't want to lose the original
transfers or logo, any help very welcome
from Ron G3YUH