Old October 11th 03, 10:34 AM

Default Collins 51j-4 Receiver Filter Replacemt/Bypass

I have a 51J-4 with only a 3.1 khz mechanical filter.

I would like to use the receiver for AM reception.

On OH5HO's web site http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ijl/coll51je.html he states that
two resistors and a capacitor can be used in place of a mechanical filter
and the selectivity will then be determined by the crystal filter only.
However, he provides no detailed information.

Does anyone know the values of the resistors and the capacitor and their
configuration relative to the four filter terminals?

I would email OH5HO, if I could find his email address???

Thanks,

Rex/K2AM