Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 03, 02:12 AM
Carl

Default 73 Magazine Says "73 and QRT"

That is right, Zenith did not believe Heath was profitable except for the early
PC stuff.

Many companies that once were the cutting edge technology now are just
a trademark that brings in revenue to the new parent company, like
the Heath and Zenith names. Another brand that had a large following is
Westinghouse, now under license to Angelo Bros. Lighting in Phil. PA
for all lighting and ceiling fan products.

carl

If memory serves, Heath didn't throw in the towel, per se.

Zenith bought them out for their computer(s) and terminals and then Zenith
tossed out nearly all of Heath except those items.

About two years ago, I was in a Home Depot and came across some
sensory-motion fictures that were labeled as "Zenith-Heath". What that is (or
was) about, I have no idea.

My first kit was a Heath Q-1. I was ten or eleven years old and had bought an
used S-38B with my paper route money.

I used ,y Dad's 350-watt soldering iron and cold soldered (what else?) every
connection.

A friendly ham helped me out.

Gray Shockley