RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Hard to find Bristol Wrench Sets (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/4017-fs-hard-find-bristol-wrench-sets.html)

--exray-- October 15th 03 03:21 AM

Phil wrote:
These are on eBay on a regular basis.....

by the same guy

turns out you only need about 2 or 3 to cover all your needs.

73, Phil
W5BVB

I believe http://www.mcmaster.com has them

-Bill

WGrills October 16th 03 06:52 AM

Phil: These seem to show up in Hallicrafters on an irregular basis. Perhaps
some were added by owners after production. Perhaps it was a question of
availability. However, I have encountered several that had a mixture of Allen
and Spline Bristol. Assume nothing! Be aware also, that Hallicrafters sometimes
used 2 set screws, one atop the other, as a lock. Especially common on larger
knobs. This tidbit will prevent destroying a perfectly good knob, pot, or
switch, in some cases! The larger hammer syndrome! Thanks, Wayne

Phil Nelson October 16th 03 06:05 PM

"WGrills" wrote in message
Be aware also, that Hallicrafters sometimes
used 2 set screws, one atop the other, as a lock.

Now that just sounds nasty! I must lead a charmed life -- have not run
across any of those yet :-) Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Phil