Old October 30th 03, 10:09 AM
Ron

Default Power Mod for AN/GRC-9

OK perhaps I should have said the wiring on the plug will be
transposed )
But it works!! the 1.4volt heater has lead me astray, seems its
not 1.4volt but actually 3volt? the 3A4's in the Tx have a tapped
filiment I think, working a bit in the dark here, anyone else familiar
with these old beasts??
from Ron...

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:40:36 GMT, (Ron)
wrote:

AA/GRC-9 Mod
Hi I have recently bought one of these sets
and like most I expect have no PSU or Power Plug
However I did find an old Hand crank unit on its
own with no handles or tripod for a couple of pounds
And worked out a nice little mod to power up the set )
Take all the nuts and bolts off the generator case and remove the
generator undo the psu connector leads making
sure you keep a note of where the wires go, unbolt the
dynamo generator and crank system and bin it.
take the power socket to pieces and remove the brass fixing
ring and reverse the housing this now makes the plug to fit
the Radios power connector (smart eh) you even have a plastic
cover to make it look neat
we now have a power plug with all the right connections..
The generator was just a dynamo so find where the 450v wires
came from it and connect to a 450 volts DC supply to the generator
chassis
and the same for 6.3 volt wires to a 6.3volt DC supply these
could be made up on a small chassis fitted where the dynamo was.
In theory it should all fire up with all the correct voltages!!!
I havn't tried the last bit yet but the plug bit certainly
works, and I'm just about to test it )
good fun...
From Ron...

Old October 30th 03, 01:46 PM
Ron

ALSO What does the K102 relay do???
I't a bit of a problem at the moment it seems to cut off the screen
grid supply to the PA at odd times?
Is it some sort of protection device?
from Ron...

wrote:

[...]
From Ron...

Old October 30th 03, 01:46 PM
Ron

wrote:

[...]
From Ron...

Current in loading coil, EZNEC - helix Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 334 November 9th 04 05:45 PM
Complex Z0 [Corrected] pez Antenna 41 September 11th 03 05:00 PM
Derivation of the Reflection Coefficient? Dr. Slick Antenna 104 September 6th 03 02:27 AM
The Cecilian Gambit, a variation on the Galilean Defense revisited Richard Clark Antenna 11 July 24th 03 07:30 PM