Old November 8th 03, 04:34 PM
Bruce Stock

Default Navy RAX-3 Receiver CG-46117 FS/FT

Although this is a working receiver, I am offering it as a parts rig,
because of the following:

It is missing the top and bottom covers.
It is missing the main dial cover.
The bandswitch gearing is broken.

All knobs except the bandswitch knob are present, and the receiver does
receive well, but band changing is cumbersome. Frequency range is 7-27 mhz
in 5 bands.

See a photo at: http://home.earthlink.net/~ab7yd/radios/rax3.jpg

Make offer. Buyer to pay shipping.

Bruce AB7YD

Old November 11th 03, 01:05 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article t, "Bruce Stock"
writes:

Although this is a working receiver, I am offering it as a parts rig,
because of the following:

It is missing the top and bottom covers.
It is missing the main dial cover.
The bandswitch gearing is broken.

All knobs except the bandswitch knob are present, and the receiver does
receive well, but band changing is cumbersome. Frequency range is 7-27 mhz
in 5 bands.

I have an RAX-1 (?) that receives LW thru 1500 KC (AM BC). It looks exactly
like yours. Mine is missing top and bottom covers but otherwise is intact.

I'm just mentioning this because this is one TERRIFIC receiver. It picks up
loads of LF aircraft beacons, and is dynamite on the AM BC band. And fairly
lightweight and compact (as military BAs go).

I don't need yet another BA so won't buy yours, but would like to encourage
anyone interested to give this set a whirl. 73 es gud luck, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.