Old November 25th 03, 03:21 AM

Default WTB Landmobile Junque for boatanchor.

Want to buy 8072 tube, socket, heatsink, and associated hardware.
Seems that this was common in some kind of VHF land mobile setup.

Found this on the web:

RCA GE and Motorola used the 8072/4657, (the same exact tube without

the
anode cooler fins) in their base, mobile and repeater stations.
The tube was held in place with a heat sink that surrounded the tube

and
then was fastened to a larger heat sink with a mica wafer for high

voltage
insulation......

And this too:

====================== Start Clip ==
Here are some other hints that may help you out with the tune-up of
the
MASTR PRO TX strip.

When you replace the 8072 or just remove it from it's socket, before
you
re-install it make sure that the screen ring contacts are all clean
and
slightly bent in towards the center of the tube socket.

This is very very important to have a good connection to these fingers
that
come in contact with the screen ring, because a poor connection can
cause a
very high reading on position " F " when transmitting, which will
quickly destroy the grid of
the 8072. If you see this happen, an oscillating condition is existing
in the PA cage
most likely from a poor contact condition or the 8072 is not firmly
seated
in it's socket.
======================= End Clip ==

I don't know what the MASTR PRO is or what the GE, RCA, etc names
were but I could use the 8072, socket, heatsink, etc. This might
help in a boatanchor restoration.

Is this, like, land mobile junque?

de ah6gi/4 - email to kiyoinc --- this is my username
at --- this is the @ sign
attglobal.net --- and my ISP

Old November 25th 03, 03:32 AM
- - Bill - -

No Spam (ckh) wrote:

I don't know what the MASTR PRO is or what the GE, RCA, etc names
were but I could use the 8072, socket, heatsink, etc. This might
help in a boatanchor restoration.

Is this, like, land mobile junque?

Yes. MASTR PRO was the GE product.

-Bill