Old December 3rd 03, 04:40 PM
KØHB

Default Have tubes, need INFO!

"JAP" wrote

Hello all,

This is my first post, so please be kind.

My Grandpa was an avid Ham and Shortwave Radio enthusiast. After he
passed, I found a box full of old tubes in his garage. I would like to

gain
some knowledge about the applications of the various tubes, and

ultimately
find out if they would have any value to a collecter.

Hi Alan,

The tubes you listed are typical of what would be found in a 1950-60's Ham
shack. I didn't see any that I'd expect would be collectors items in and of
themselves (I'm not a collector) but I'm sure they'd be of interest to guys
and gals who use and restore older radios. These folks hang out on usenet
at rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors --- you should post your list there.

Regards,

Hans, K0HB
--
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 12:18 PM
FS: Tubes KI8IK Boatanchors 0 September 20th 03 10:23 PM
FA 4 lots of 1930s boxed NOS audio and receiver tubes Simon Boatanchors 0 September 13th 03 03:14 PM
FREE TUBES David Stinson Boatanchors 8 September 7th 03 10:36 PM
FS-8950 Tubes Byron Tatum Boatanchors 0 July 12th 03 02:47 AM