Old December 9th 03, 09:45 PM
Bill Turner

Default Radio Shack? policy invites Identity Theft

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO USE PROFANITY IN STATEING YOUR POINT. BILL T,

Old December 31st 03, 05:22 AM
Radioman390

I'm merely saying I defy
anyone
to deny me goods when I present cash as payment. CASH is a method of

payment
and if that is all I have, then I don't believe they can deny me the use

of
it in paying my debts.

Cash is legal tender for settling debts public and private. That's the law.

Actually cash can be refused if the face amount of the bill is large (although
nowadays $100....the biggest bill in circulation....is not terribly large), or
if the vendor does not have change (taxis, street vendors, etc.). Possibly
counterfit currency can be refused also

The "legal" solution is to pay the $100 (for instance) and return later for
your change; that way you get your goods when you need them. Not convenient,
true.
Old December 31st 03, 05:53 AM

Radioman390 wrote:
I'm merely saying I defy
anyone
to deny me goods when I present cash as payment. CASH is a method of
payment
and if that is all I have, then I don't believe they can deny me the use
of
it in paying my debts.

Cash is legal tender for settling debts public and private. That's the law.

Actually cash can be refused if the face amount of the bill is large (although
nowadays $100....the biggest bill in circulation....is not terribly large), or
if the vendor does not have change (taxis, street vendors, etc.). Possibly
counterfit currency can be refused also

The "legal" solution is to pay the $100 (for instance) and return later for
your change; that way you get your goods when you need them. Not convenient,
true.

You're late to the party...

The "legal" solution is you are out of luck; a private party can set any
payment method they want, including refusing cash of any denomination they
see fit.

See http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.
Old December 31st 03, 06:28 AM
- - Bill - -

Radioman390 wrote:

Cash is legal tender for settling debts public and private. That's the law.

Actually cash can be refused

The "legal" solution is to pay the $100 (for instance) and return later for
your change; that way you get your goods when you need them. Not convenient,
true.

Ohmm, ok. I think that explanation fits into the "too late for the
party" solution.

-BM

Old December 31st 03, 11:29 AM
Dbowey

Jim posted:
You're late to the party...

The "legal" solution is you are out of luck; a private party can set any
payment method they want, including refusing cash of any denomination they
see fit.

See http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp

A current example is Costco. Being a member, I pulled into their gas station
at Eugene, Or. and could not be served because I had only Visa, cash, or a
check to pay with. They accept ONLY MasterCard for gas, though they do accept
checks for in-store purchases.

Don