Old December 20th 03, 11:08 PM
Greg

Default FS: Zenith Trans-Oceanic Y600

Hello,
I have a Vintage Zenith Trans-Oceanic SW receiver for sale.
It is the brown leather covered model. It has the Zenith "Dial-o-Map"
still intact in the log/chart flap. This plastic flap is only being
held on my one of two hinges. The receiver works fine but a couple of
the band selector buttons need cleaning. Im asking $300 for the unit.
This price is compiled from similar radios on Ebay. If im off my
rocker, let me know. Thanks for the interest.
-greg
please email direct to:

Old December 21st 03, 12:53 PM
JEP

Greg

The price is in the ball park, BUT , don't make a habit of quoting
fleabay prices as they tend to be inflated in most cases. Good luck
with your sale.
Do you have any pictures?

JEP

Old December 22nd 03, 04:26 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , Greg
writes:

This plastic flap is only being
held on my one of two hinges. The receiver works fine but a couple of
the band selector buttons need cleaning. Im asking $300 for the unit.
This price is compiled from similar radios on Ebay. If im off my
rocker, let me know. Thanks for the interest.

Five years ago at radio swap meets, a nice TO working was maybe $75 and up.
With your broken hinge, you might clear $100 on eBay but I wouldn't bet on it.
However, since your set is playing, it must have a good 1L6 (make sure a 1R5
has not been subbed, that could shut down your top band or two). So having
thattube raises the value, but still I'd guess $100 is tops. Unless radio
prices have gone up, which I doubt (though I wish, have plenty here to sell off
soon).
73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.