Old December 30th 03, 07:38 PM
Skipp

Default CW Sounder 1000 ohm coil voltage?

Hello there,

I'm hoping some of you telegraph key and sounder collectors/operators will
have an answer for me.

I've got a 1000 ohm sounder here that I'd like to operate. Is/was there as
standard/defined voltage or current used by telegraph services for the
various mechanical telegraph sounders, based on their coil resistance?

Thanks for your reply answers.

skipp025 at yahoo.com

Old December 30th 03, 10:32 PM
Dbowey

skipp025 posted:
I've got a 1000 ohm sounder here that I'd like to operate. Is/was there
as standard/defined voltage or current used by telegraph services for the
various mechanical telegraph sounders, based on their coil resistance?

Many sounders were intended for operation at about 20 mA. Others were for
puting into 62.5 mA circuits.

12V would be good enough for just playing around with it.

Don

Old January 1st 04, 04:54 AM
Garry W Tidler WW9GT

You might check out this url for some information.

http://members.tripod.com/morse_tele...ges/especs.gif

Garry WW9GT

Good luck and have fun

skipp025 at yahoo.com