Old January 6th 04, 10:39 PM
Brian Hill

Default SX-28 Scarce? I Don't Think so!!

Why would someone that obviously knows about radios and collects them make
a bull**** statement like this? Everybody knows the SX-28 was one of the
most mass produced receivers of that era and are still plentiful. It ****es
me off when people that claim to be collector or lover of the radio hobby
exaggerate or lie to make an extra buck on a radio. Yes I'm speaking of a
certain place people auction radios. People like this won't get my buck.
--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old January 6th 04, 11:55 PM
Nc183d

Is it possible that SX28's were kinda scarce and the more prevalent SX28A was
the more plentiful one?

Old January 7th 04, 12:09 AM
JJ

Ebay sellers are greatly known for the abuse of the words "scarce", and
"rare". After all if they use those words it might get another bid or
two, makes no difference that they have done no research or have any
other information to base it on. The idea is to get another buck.

Old January 7th 04, 12:12 AM
Brian Hill

Yes there are probably less of the 28s than 28As but neither is scarce.

Old January 7th 04, 01:24 AM
Michael A. Terrell

JJ wrote:

Ebay sellers are greatly known for the abuse of the words "scarce", and
"rare". After all if they use those words it might get another bid or
two, makes no difference that they have done no research or have any
other information to base it on. The idea is to get another buck.

You don't understand! They mean that it would be rare, or scarce to
find a collector who doesn't already have one.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Take a look at this little cutie! ;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old January 7th 04, 03:14 AM
Brian Denley

Brian Hill wrote:
Yes there are probably less of the 28s than 28As but neither is
scarce.

There were a great many shipped to the Soviet Union during the war as well.

--
Brian Denley

Old January 7th 04, 06:20 AM
Mark Oppat

keep in mind about 70% of all ebay sellers are WOMEN! They dont have a clue
about some things, notably radios, and , are more likely to just say
whatever they feel.... based in fact or not. To them, or any guy who is not
seriously into radio, that is a RARE radio! And, in fact, you could go to
about 2000 garage sales and not find one...which is their basis for reality.
so, cut these folks some slack. We are into this stuff DEEP, so to us its
common. Well, not exactly common, anymore, anyway. I go to about 8 swaps a
year, most antique radio , some ham, and I have not seen one in the last
year or so for sale...so, its not as common as you think. but, like I said,
consider the sellers are not as "into" this as we are, and yeah, they are
hoping to get the best $ they can, who isnt? Not you? I bet you always try
to make your items sound good when (or if) you ever sell. We all do, its
natural.
But, I dont lie... and, saying its "rare" is technically a lie, but like I
said, in their world it is... and, in ours, its becoming true too....except
if you look at all the other SX-28's on eBay... and, how many are there?

Mark Oppat

Old January 7th 04, 10:23 AM
Tom Morrow

Why are you posting this when this was the original point made at
the start of the thread? You added nothing, really!

Old January 7th 04, 10:25 AM
Tom Morrow

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:03 -0700, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

2 receivers, 2 paper manuals and one CD manual.

If they are so "COMMON" then everyone who wanted one
probably already has several, so they should go for very
cheap then, right?

LOL