Old January 7th 04, 01:29 AM

Default Scammer alert 2

I have complained to eBay but I wanted to share this new one with you
to tip you off. Some of you might appreciate the absurdity.

xxxxx is my bidding account.

================= Actual Message ==

Subject: Question for seller -- Item #3069232937
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:21:13 PST

Hello,

My name is Danny Porini and i am from London,England.
I have for sale a SX-88/HT-32A: HALLICRAFTERS FINEST STATION
..This is like new in original box with all accesories.
I want USD for 3200 a piece.I can get 3 pieces.
If you buy them all i will make a 20 % discount from the total price.
Shipping and assurence is free.Fast shipping via UPS eXpress Air.
Payment is made via Western Union wire transfer or direct bank
account.

Thanks nand have a nice day!

--------------------

Question from: dannnnyyyy_6
Title of item: SX-88/HT-32A: HALLICRAFTERS FINEST STATION
Seller: xxxxx
Starts: Jan-01-04 19:00:00 PST
Ends: Jan-11-04 19:00:00 PST
Price: Currently $4,400.00
To view the item, go to:

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

================ End Snip ==

So a new scammer Porini claims to have THREE SX-88's, like new in the
original box???? If I buy all THREE SX-88's and HT-32A's, he'll give
me a 20% discount.

I doubt it.

Where do we get these idiots from, Nigeria?

But suppose they said that they had 3 IC-746's, new in box and needed
quick cash to pay ICOM for that new radio. That might be almost
believeable. The danger is these scammers are getting smarter.

I don't have the money for something like an SX-88, most folk don't.

By the way, I fired up the SX-100. It is fantastic!!! It needs work
but that'll be some fun next winter. Everyone should have one, old
style, band cruiser tube radio. Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, whatever.
Just so it has a big analog dial, a flywheel knob driving a meshing
capacitor, and a nice, loud, tube audio. The NC-270 is a good choice
too.

Guys, these are still cheap.

help me hack mailbox alert [email protected] Antenna 2 December 29th 04 09:51 PM
stupid ebay scammer ckh Boatanchors 1 January 4th 04 06:39 AM
ALERT: Aurora happening NOW Fractenna Antenna 0 October 31st 03 12:10 AM
Here it is-BPL full rollout in Va (MANASSAS Va - BPL RED ALERT!!!) Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 0 October 21st 03 03:40 PM