Old January 18th 04, 02:29 AM
Lesedan

Default VFO

Loking for a VFO for a Hallicrafters SR-46 6 meter transceiver or schematic
for making one.

Old January 19th 04, 12:04 AM
Tim Wescott

From my extensive web research (5 minutes) it looks like this is an internal
crystal/external VFO rig, and the transmit VFO was probably sold as an
accessory.

If you know the requirements you could probably build one from just about
any Handbook from 1948 to the late 70's -- every one that I have from 1953
to 1976 features a VFO that's designed to replace the crystal in a
transmitter. Just decide what you want the innards to look like and go.
The common crystal-controlled transmitter circuit has one leg of the crystal
grounded, and with minor circuit changes or the flip of a switch can take a
VFO input at the crystal socket.