RadioBanter

-   -   LF Tubes & HV Caps (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/5351-lf-tubes-hv-caps.html)

CLinT January 29th 04 09:44 PM

LF Tubes & HV Caps

Hi all,
can anyone tell me where I might find some tubes for old Kenwood
transceivers...6146B & 12BY7A?
HV caps.

73,
Clint
note..AntiSpam software..remove it to reply...8)

Tim Wescott January 29th 04 11:25 PM

Do a search on "vacuum tubes" in Google, Altavista, etc. You'll find lots
of listings. I usually buy from Antique Electronic Supply, but RF parts and
even Newark Electronics has those tubes.

Scott Dorsey January 30th 04 01:52 AM

CLinT wrote:
can anyone tell me where I might find some tubes for old Kenwood
transceivers...6146B & 12BY7A?

6146s are easy and current production items. Triode Electronics in Chicago
has them, and so should Antique Electronics Supply in Arizona. They will be
much cheaper than sweep tubes.

12BY7 video pentodes shouldn't fail easily at all, but if you are absolutely
sure you have a bad one, Triode stocks them. They are a bit pricey since
they were used in some audio amplifiers.

HV caps.

What values?
--scott