Old January 29th 04, 09:44 PM
CLinT

Default LF Tubes & HV Caps

Hi all,
can anyone tell me where I might find some tubes for old Kenwood
transceivers...6146B & 12BY7A?
HV caps.

73,
Clint
note..AntiSpam software..remove it to reply...8)
Old January 29th 04, 11:25 PM
Tim Wescott

Do a search on "vacuum tubes" in Google, Altavista, etc. You'll find lots
of listings. I usually buy from Antique Electronic Supply, but RF parts and
even Newark Electronics has those tubes.

Old January 30th 04, 01:52 AM
Scott Dorsey

CLinT wrote:
can anyone tell me where I might find some tubes for old Kenwood
transceivers...6146B & 12BY7A?

6146s are easy and current production items. Triode Electronics in Chicago
has them, and so should Antique Electronics Supply in Arizona. They will be
much cheaper than sweep tubes.

12BY7 video pentodes shouldn't fail easily at all, but if you are absolutely
sure you have a bad one, Triode stocks them. They are a bit pricey since
they were used in some audio amplifiers.

HV caps.

What values?
--scott

Question - 6EA8 and 6GH8A Tubes ??? Captain Crane Boatanchors 3 December 19th 03 12:39 PM
Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 12:18 PM
Electrolytic caps question Mark Boatanchors 6 October 17th 03 06:25 PM
Electrolytic caps question Mark Boatanchors 0 October 16th 03 12:37 AM
FA 4 lots of 1930s boxed NOS audio and receiver tubes Simon Boatanchors 0 September 13th 03 03:14 PM