Old February 2nd 04, 09:59 PM
lorentzson

Default Lafayette HA-230????

Wonder if I could get some information on this radio?
My son in law asked me if I could find out about this unit?
I haven't a clue. He was given this unit and a floor model Zeith.
cl. 73
Old February 2nd 04, 10:18 PM
Cambio

Yep -- lots of info at URL:
http://www.dxing.com/rx/ha225.htm

Scroll down to Lafayette HA-230

Probably find an op service manual at URL:
http://ac6v.com/manuals.htm

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)
--------------------------------------

Old February 3rd 04, 01:46 AM
JOE

Make Google be your friend:

www.google.com

It ain't rocket science.

JOE

Old February 3rd 04, 06:34 AM
Joe

I have one and can give you a simple opinion
They are good for for AM reception, fantastic Q multiplier for a basic set.
The oscillator and mixer tube run off a separate transformer 24-7 but his
doesn't help reception SSB much (to much drift) from structural stresses
(main variable multi section tuning cap)
noise blanker is a simple diode clipper.

-Joe

Old February 4th 04, 03:22 AM
Edward Knobloch

lorentzson wrote:
Wonder if I could get some information on this radio?
My son in law asked me if I could find out about this unit?
I haven't a clue. He was given this unit and a floor model Zeith.

I started out in 1963 with a Lafayette HE-80, an almost identical
rcvr to the HA-230. After a few years I gave it away to a Novice.
The ex-Novice still has it, still working, with all original tubes,
and it sounds good on A.M. Note that the receiver gets quite deaf,
and needs realignment about every ten years.

Ed Knobloch