Old February 8th 04, 05:32 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Cardmatics again

Don't trust the "Blown when lit" lamp for the DC Filament fuse. Don't
ask me how I know because that's my fault, hi hi.....A tip that might help
before attempting to clean the switch matrix that worked for me and saved
some time was to insert an unpunched card into the reader and excercise it
several times. The reader won't slam as positively because it forces all
the pins to make contact. Next I found that 2 unpunched cards will barely
fit in the reader and 2 cards will make the pins go a little further in and
help clean a bit more of the shaft and their female counterparts. It slams
even less positively with 2 cards but it saved me from having to diassemble
the matirix. One question I can't answer is how long it will last but time
will tell.
I'd like to know if anyone out there is interested in swapping me a
military manual or copy of the AN/USM-118B for a copy of my KS-15874-L2
manual?
Also I'd like to know if anyone has a spare aluminum case for the
Cardmatic that they might sell?

Pardon me if I'm boring you with my Cardmatic trivia but I'd like to know
which of the 4 sites I posted to has most cardmatic users?

73
hank wd5jfr