Old February 25th 04, 12:08 AM
W6JCW Bob

Default HRO main tuning knob ??

Hi all, I've just aquired a 1936 vintage HRO receiver and want to restore
the cabinet. I can't seem to get the main tuning knob off. I've removed
the set screw, and when the variable cap hits the stop, the knob will
continue to turn, but not come off It feels like something is still
"connected" for lack of a better term. Since the knob has the vernier
mechanism I'm reluctant to put too much pressure on it. IS there something
I'm missing here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob W6JCW
Old February 25th 04, 01:23 AM
Roger and Ute Brown

Bob,
The knob should have two set screws (I believe at 90 or 180 deg. from each
other). Have you loosened them both sufficiently. Perhaps one is hanging
up on a scored portion of the shaft? At any rate, directions for removing
and re-installing the main tuning knob are found at Radio Bay (a National
Radio web page) www.io.com/~nielw/ .
My personal experience in removing many of them is that - it should come off
relatively easy. If you follow directions carefully, it goes back on just
as quick.
Best of luck,

Roger Brown, KL7Q ZUT982