Old March 21st 04, 12:22 AM
gil

Default Parting out Hallicrafters S-108

Many parts left in good shape for the S-108, email me if interested for more
details.
Gil n2wjw
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Old March 21st 04, 01:23 AM
exray

gil wrote:
Many parts left in good shape for the S-108, email me if interested for more
details.
Gil n2wjw
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Yes, a good rig to part out :-)
-BM

Old March 21st 04, 07:19 PM
Brian Hill

"exray" wrote in message
gil wrote:
Many parts left in good shape for the S-108, email me if interested for

more
details.
Gil n2wjw
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Yes, a good rig to part out :-)
-BM

Hi Bill. You don't like 108s. I've never had one. Just curious?

73 Brian
--
Never under estimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old March 21st 04, 09:21 PM
exray

Brian Hill wrote:
"exray" wrote in message

gil wrote:

Many parts left in good shape for the S-108, email me if interested for

more

details.
Gil n2wjw
--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Yes, a good rig to part out :-)
-BM

Hi Bill. You don't like 108s. I've never had one. Just curious?

73 Brian

Actually I got it wrong. Its the 107 that I had and thought was a
rather poor rig.

-Bill M

Old March 21st 04, 09:30 PM
Frank Dresser

"exray" wrote in message

Actually I got it wrong. Its the 107 that I had and thought was a
rather poor rig.

-Bill M

Is the S-108 like the S-53A, that is, no noticable image rejection? The 53A
also has a deaf 6 meter band position thrown is as a bonus.

Frank Dresser

Old March 22nd 04, 12:05 AM
Mike

exray wrote in
:

Actually I got it wrong. Its the 107 that I had and thought was a
rather poor rig.

-Bill M

My sister found a 107 @ a garage sale last summer and gave it to me. She
said they had it on listening to an AM station (WLS) when she saw it. The
case was in great shape and it's actually pretty sensitive. The chassis
looks like the owner let their cats use it for a urinal--corroded &
stinky.....it's been sitting in the garage waiting for me to take it apart
& look at. There's an extra tube socket (without a tube) in it, and a pot
shaft sticking out of the back that doesn't belong there. I plan to fix it
up a little & give it back to her. Hey, whaddaya want for $5??

Mike
--
email is munged...
please remove your_pants_ to reply.
Old March 22nd 04, 11:52 AM
gil

The S-108 is basically a SX-110 without the crystal filter.

Gil

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply
nk.net...

Old March 23rd 04, 01:21 AM
Brian Hill

"exray" wrote in message

Actually I got it wrong. Its the 107 that I had and thought was a
rather poor rig.

-Bill M

Yes the 107s were an entry level rig. I would put it on par with S-38.

Brian