Old March 26th 04, 12:24 PM
Jim Warner

Default WA9Z and "got any pics?"

To the pool of skilled operators and techniciansexcerpt Part 97)

Nearly every posting I place on this newsgroup, I receive an average of 40
requests for pictures from tirekickers and people who can only afford to
post my pictures on thier wannabe collector web pages. (This has nothing
to do with those of you who used my pics to relist what I sold you on Ebay)
99% of you don't render the common courtesy of responding to say "thanks,
I'll pass" or even "pack it in your ass", while somebody that wants it waits
in line.
(They do not wait anymore boys).
As a public service to help prevent the above described folks from wasting
thier
precious time, please don't waste mine by asking for pictures.
There's plenty of pictures on the net of every conceivable ham rig to
gawk at and drool over.
If you don't believe my descriptions, are unable to understand what you
read,
or unable to articulate a query, don't blame public education, and by all
means,
PLEASE ignore my listings.
Thank-you, thank-you very much
Jim WA9Z

Old March 26th 04, 12:44 PM

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:24:24 UTC, "Jim Warner"
wrote:

[...]

What's this all about? You're selling stuff and complaining to
thousands of USENET readers because a few potential buyers are
asking for pictures?

You do know about "free" websites that'll let you post pictures?
That way, you upload the pics once and include the links in your
for sale listing.

Either way, dealing with 40 requests for pictures when you have
something for sale is better than ZERO requests.

de ah6gi/4

Old March 26th 04, 01:01 PM
charlie

Jim, sorry you feel that way. If I request a picture it is only for the
purpose of buying. If you sent me pictures of your Drake, and I liked what I
saw, I would have bought it in a second. Just my thoughts. Charles

Old March 26th 04, 01:35 PM
William Warren

"Jim Warner" wrote in message

To the pool of skilled operators and techniciansexcerpt Part 97)

Nearly every posting I place on this newsgroup, I receive an average of 40
requests for pictures from tirekickers and people who can only afford to
post my pictures on thier wannabe collector web pages. [snip]
As a public service to help prevent the above described folks from wasting
thier precious time, please don't waste mine by asking for pictures.
There's plenty of pictures on the net of every conceivable ham rig to
gawk at and drool over.

Jim, I'm not interested in "plenty of pictures" of something you offer: I
want to see what _you_ are selling.

I want to see if the shafts are straight, if there are any burn marks, if
the knobs are original, if the faceplate is worn or scratched, if the cane
metal has any unwanted holes in it, if the shorting plugs are still there,
if the shaft guide has shifted position, if the leads to the switch gangs
are twisted, and if there are obvious signs of neglect.

Your descriptions don't tell me that.

As for the lack of feedback, if you're waiting around for some buyer to
call, good luck. Tirekickers and time-wasters are part of the trade, so if
they bother you I suggest you develop a thicker skin. That's just business,
and you're running things like it's 1904, not 2004.

If you don't believe my descriptions, are unable to understand what you
read, or unable to articulate a query, don't blame public education, and

by all
means, PLEASE ignore my listings.

Consider it done: Plonk.

Old March 26th 04, 02:46 PM
Mike Andrews

Jim Warner wrote:

[...]

If you're trying to sell a 75A4, I want to see pictures of _that_ 75A4
and not pictures of a pristine 75A4 from Osterman or some museum. I'm
not thinking about buying the one in Osterman or the one in the
museum.

If you want to sell something, you've got to be willing to convince
the prospective buyer that it's worth buying. That is, that the
one _you_ are selling is worth buying: in good condition, not full
of mouse droppings or leaves or less desirable stuff, not rusty,
not missing knobs and meters, not bent and dinged and scarred and
scratched, not modified by someone who shouldn't have been allowed to
drive a wheelbarrow.

So if you're not willing to send pictures to demonstrate that, then
I don't have the time to waste in trying to deal with you.

You do have one unique distinction, though it's not one to be envied:
You're the very first person I've *plonk*ed in this newsgroup.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin

Old March 27th 04, 01:03 AM
N4BUQ

[...]

I asked for pictures and never got a reply. Now I know why. Considering the
tone of this post, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Barry - N4BUQ
Old March 27th 04, 01:20 AM
Jer

I don't care about every coinceivable ham rig, I wanna see the one I'm
bidding on turkey! If you don't want to show it, something is usually
wrong. Pictures sell, good pictures sell even higher! Keep your junk, I
don't want to hear your explanations about how good it is, I wanna see it!

de Jerry..

Old March 27th 04, 04:09 AM
JOE

When you have these episodes, you KNOW your dose is off. We've
talked about this again and again. Now now. It's not all like that, Jimmy.
Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Now back to bed. Do you want your binkie?

Dr. Joe

Old March 27th 04, 12:21 PM
Jim Warner

Thanks all, what was I thinking?
Sorry if I ruffled all the feathers.
I'm QSY to Ebay, where pics pay.
74, Jim

Old March 27th 04, 12:29 PM
Brian Goldsmith

"Jim Warner" wrote

Thanks all, what was I thinking?

*** If you dont know,then how could the rest of us know?

CAUTION. Engage brain before putting mouth into gear!!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.