RadioBanter

-   -   Restoring a HW 101, CW problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6040-restoring-hw-101-cw-problem.html)

Ray Collins April 12th 04 06:45 PM

Restoring a HW 101, CW problem

So I have recapped, tuned and I still can't receive decent CW out of it.

SSB seems to work. The CW sounds like somebody passing gas. All the
Xtals are fine, the CW filter sound narrow like it should, but no nice
tone on the CW. No doubt I'm missing something.

73's and thanks for the help

Ray

exray April 12th 04 08:34 PM

Ray Collins wrote:
So I have recapped, tuned and I still can't receive decent CW out of it.
SSB seems to work. The CW sounds like somebody passing gas. All the
Xtals are fine, the CW filter sound narrow like it should, but no nice
tone on the CW. No doubt I'm missing something.

73's and thanks for the help

Ray

If you're in an SSB mode and tune in a CW station how does it sound?

-BM

Ray Collins April 12th 04 09:12 PM

If you're in an SSB mode and tune in a CW station how does it sound?

-BM

You talking about the sidetone osc or RF keying ?

Like crap, still gas noises ;-) Just receive, not RF keying. Haven't
bothered putting a key on it, thought I'd get receive working first.

Chuck Harris April 12th 04 09:16 PM

Sounds like your BFO is dead, and all you are hearing is
the AM noises that are riding on the carrier.

SSB goes : quack quack quack, doesn't it.

-Chuck Harris

RP Jones April 12th 04 09:48 PM

Like crap, still gas noises ;-) Just receive, not RF keying.

Like Crap Gas.....How interesting !
Warbling chirpy squeaking farting like women sneak or farting like men after
eating beans ?

Perhaps you mean Ffff Ffff F Ffff like a self lighting torch not working ?
(dead BFO on Modulator board or injection point like said)

-R

"Ray Collins" *remove Like crap, still gas noises