Old April 12th 04, 06:45 PM
Ray Collins

Default Restoring a HW 101, CW problem

So I have recapped, tuned and I still can't receive decent CW out of it.

SSB seems to work. The CW sounds like somebody passing gas. All the
Xtals are fine, the CW filter sound narrow like it should, but no nice
tone on the CW. No doubt I'm missing something.

73's and thanks for the help

Ray

Old April 12th 04, 08:34 PM
exray

Ray Collins wrote:
So I have recapped, tuned and I still can't receive decent CW out of it.
SSB seems to work. The CW sounds like somebody passing gas. All the
Xtals are fine, the CW filter sound narrow like it should, but no nice
tone on the CW. No doubt I'm missing something.

73's and thanks for the help

Ray

If you're in an SSB mode and tune in a CW station how does it sound?

-BM
Old April 12th 04, 09:12 PM
Ray Collins

If you're in an SSB mode and tune in a CW station how does it sound?

-BM

You talking about the sidetone osc or RF keying ?

Like crap, still gas noises ;-) Just receive, not RF keying. Haven't
bothered putting a key on it, thought I'd get receive working first.

Old April 12th 04, 09:16 PM
Chuck Harris

Sounds like your BFO is dead, and all you are hearing is
the AM noises that are riding on the carrier.

SSB goes : quack quack quack, doesn't it.

-Chuck Harris

Old April 12th 04, 09:48 PM
RP Jones

Like crap, still gas noises ;-) Just receive, not RF keying.

Like Crap Gas.....How interesting !
Warbling chirpy squeaking farting like women sneak or farting like men after
eating beans ?

Perhaps you mean Ffff Ffff F Ffff like a self lighting torch not working ?
(dead BFO on Modulator board or injection point like said)

-R

"Ray Collins" *remove Like crap, still gas noises