Old April 26th 04, 06:23 PM
Richard Lukes

Default Looking for some info on various Eddystone 1650 models

Hello,

I am looking for some general info on the Eddystone 1650 receivers.
Specifically, I have an interest in the 1650/6 and 1650/7 models which
I own.

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control and has only two
crystal filters installed (3kHz and 8kHz). It also has a 100kHz IF
output, however, I do not understand what this output was intended to
be used for. Was it for an external FSK demodulator?

Also, how does the 1650/7 model differ from the 1650/1, 1650/3,
1650/8, 1650/9 and 1650/10 models? Can someone shed some light on what
some of these numeric suffixes signify?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
--Richard Lukes (VE4AIV)
e-mail:
Old April 26th 04, 06:24 PM
Airy R. Bean

No sexy fly-wheel dial, then?

"Richard Lukes" wrote in message
m...

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control

Old April 26th 04, 06:24 PM
Scott Dorsey

Richard Lukes wrote:

The model 1650/6 is intended for computer control and has only two
crystal filters installed (3kHz and 8kHz). It also has a 100kHz IF
output, however, I do not understand what this output was intended to
be used for. Was it for an external FSK demodulator?

Maybe. Or an external product detector or a panadaptor. IF outputs
are very useful for all kinds of things.
--scott

Old April 26th 04, 11:14 PM
Mike Andrews

Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

It's a brand of tape recorder that audiophiles who can't afford
Studer-brand equipment _dream_ of, and drool when they dream. Now,
of course, tape gear is sort-of moot, unless you're an audiophile.
Nagra has gone digital, and that stuff is way cool, too.

The Nagra DII and its predecessors have been pretty much _the_
standard for field recording for quite a long time.

Try
http://www.nagraaudio.com to see what I'm talking about, but put
on your bib first.

--
Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise
would be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the

Old April 27th 04, 07:52 AM
Airy R. Bean

That's because stereo has two points!

Mono has only a single point.

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
As one who has never even been able to see the point of "stereo", I'll
take your word for it.

Old April 27th 04, 06:40 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

Une magnetophone.
www.nagra.com.
--scott
Old April 27th 04, 06:57 PM
Jock

On 27 Apr 2004 13:40:48 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

In article ,
Jock wrote:
On 26 Apr 2004 13:24:39 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

C'est quoi, un Nagra?

Une magnetophone.
www.nagra.com.

J'en ai quatre - magnétophones Ã* cassettes. )

--

Jock.
Genuine Class A.