RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: COLLINS R-389 will consider my CV-591A in trade (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6383-wtb-collins-r-389-will-consider-my-cv-591a-trade.html)

Dan Gutowski June 1st 04 12:27 AM

WTB: COLLINS R-389 will consider my CV-591A in trade

Hi All,

New to the newsgrouops, but not to the radio hobby. I'd like to buy a
Collins R-389 LF receiver in complete and decent shape to complete my
listening shack. I can but it outright, but also have a few choice
items I'd consider for trade or partial trade, one way or the other.
I'd consider trading my TMC CV-591A Single Side-Band converter, or
Collins 180S-1 Antenna Tuner in consideration towards a R-389.

Thanks, Dan

Dan Gutowski June 8th 04 02:22 AM

Hi Omer,

I did contact John and he said he did not have a R-389 or any Collins
eqipment, but thanks anyways. I guess the search for a R-389 goes on.

Reagrds, Dan

Gary hildebrand June 14th 04 10:50 AM

I just saw a 389 on e-pay go for about a grand. The CV591 alone is
worth far less, and I'd keep it if you have a 390 or other BA with a
455 kHz IF.

I don't know, but does the 389 have 455 kHz output? If so, then the
591 I would think would be worth keeping.

Gary WA7KKP

Dan Gutowski June 14th 04 09:29 PM

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the comments. I realize the CV-591A is not worth as much as
the R-389. I've seem a few CV-591A's in the past 6 months on ebay that
ranged from $400-$775. I thought I'd offer the CV-591A, along with
some cash, if someone was so inclined to sell their R-389. Maybe the
incentive of offering the CV-591A, will intice someone to let their
R-389 go. I have a CV-591A to go with my R-390A, and one for my R-391,
and what a difference they make. Other than the ability to receive
independent sidebands, the clarity, along with their ability to cut
out a good amount of qrm, makes these units a must have for the dx'er.
I really wouldn't let the CV-591A go otherwise, but I'd be willing to
part with one, if it meant "closing the deal", on a R-389.

73's from a SWL,
Dan