Old June 1st 04, 12:27 AM
Dan Gutowski

Default WTB: COLLINS R-389 will consider my CV-591A in trade

Hi All,

New to the newsgrouops, but not to the radio hobby. I'd like to buy a
Collins R-389 LF receiver in complete and decent shape to complete my
listening shack. I can but it outright, but also have a few choice
items I'd consider for trade or partial trade, one way or the other.
I'd consider trading my TMC CV-591A Single Side-Band converter, or
Collins 180S-1 Antenna Tuner in consideration towards a R-389.

Thanks, Dan
Old June 14th 04, 10:50 AM
Gary hildebrand

I just saw a 389 on e-pay go for about a grand. The CV591 alone is
worth far less, and I'd keep it if you have a 390 or other BA with a
455 kHz IF.

I don't know, but does the 389 have 455 kHz output? If so, then the
591 I would think would be worth keeping.

Gary WA7KKP

Old June 14th 04, 09:29 PM
Dan Gutowski

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the comments. I realize the CV-591A is not worth as much as
the R-389. I've seem a few CV-591A's in the past 6 months on ebay that
ranged from $400-$775. I thought I'd offer the CV-591A, along with
some cash, if someone was so inclined to sell their R-389. Maybe the
incentive of offering the CV-591A, will intice someone to let their
R-389 go. I have a CV-591A to go with my R-390A, and one for my R-391,
and what a difference they make. Other than the ability to receive
independent sidebands, the clarity, along with their ability to cut
out a good amount of qrm, makes these units a must have for the dx'er.
I really wouldn't let the CV-591A go otherwise, but I'd be willing to
part with one, if it meant "closing the deal", on a R-389.

73's from a SWL,
Dan

(Gary hildebrand) wrote in message . com...
I just saw a 389 on e-pay go for about a grand. The CV591 alone is
worth far less, and I'd keep it if you have a 390 or other BA with a
455 kHz IF.

I don't know, but does the 389 have 455 kHz output? If so, then the
591 I would think would be worth keeping.

Gary WA7KKP

Hi All,

New to the newsgrouops, but not to the radio hobby. I'd like to buy a
Collins R-389 LF receiver in complete and decent shape to complete my
listening shack. I can but it outright, but also have a few choice
items I'd consider for trade or partial trade, one way or the other.
I'd consider trading my TMC CV-591A Single Side-Band converter, or
Collins 180S-1 Antenna Tuner in consideration towards a R-389.

Thanks, Dan

FS Collins S-Line (local MD-DC-VA) K3HVG Boatanchors 0 May 15th 04 12:18 PM
WTB: COLLINS OR MOTRL R-390 (NOT A) Mark Oppat Boatanchors 0 April 22nd 04 12:32 AM
WTB: Collins or Motorola R-390 Mark Oppat Boatanchors 0 April 7th 04 02:45 AM
FOR TRADE 75A3 & 75S3 8tow Boatanchors 0 March 22nd 04 08:10 PM
FS: Collins 312B-1 speaker, matching for collins KWM-1 **big_mac** Boatanchors 1 November 26th 03 01:32 AM