Old February 13th 05, 07:15 PM
Space Charge

Default Need odd front panel IF Gain Pot for Heath RX-1

Anyone out there got a spare front panel IF Gain Pot for the RX-1?
This little *&%$ is VERY non-standard, having a threaded section
that's almost 5/8" long, so it will fit through that very thick set of
two front panels.

Part Number is B-10-70; it's a 10K linear pot (easy enough, I have
three standard ones!) but that long threaded shaft really threw a
wrench into things.

Picture at: www.moonlightsys.com/misc/rx1_IF_gain_pot.jpg

Already adapted one of my junkbox pots with parts from the B-10-70
pot, but the result is not working very well; the process of
machining, cutting and adapting the various parts is kinda rough on
potentiometers.

Would also consider (as a last resort) buying an entire RX-1 junker
chassis.

Thanks,

Lin/KJ6EF
For email responses, remove "nospam_".
Old February 14th 05, 03:46 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Space Charge wrote:

[...]

Who made the pot? If you can find another of the same brand you can
usually pry the tabs up and replace the resistive element and use the
exoisting shaft, body nad cover to keep the original look.

--
Beware of those who suffer from delusions of adequacy!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old February 15th 05, 10:58 PM
Space Charge

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:46:00 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Who made the pot? If you can find another of the same brand you can
usually pry the tabs up and replace the resistive element and use the
exoisting shaft, body nad cover to keep the original look.

--
Beware of those who suffer from delusions of adequacy!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Mike,

I wish I knew. The thing is unmarked except for the Heath P/N. sigh

Old February 17th 05, 04:03 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Space Charge wrote:

Mike,

I wish I knew. The thing is unmarked except for the Heath P/N. sigh

-Lin/KJ6EF
For email responses, remove "nospam_".

Sometimes the brand is stamped in the metal near the mounting bushing
in a very small font. I have a few new heathkit pots somewhere. I will
try to find them to see if I can identify the OEM.

Can you post a clear image of the part on the
news:alt.binary.pictures.radio newsgroup? A flatbed scanner will do a
decent scan of most parts, but it helps to put a couple layers of a
white tee shirt on top to get a light colored background.

WTB: TM-732A Front Panel AL G. Swap 0 January 16th 05 02:45 AM
Antenna tuner Matthew&Wendy Antenna 68 August 10th 04 12:32 PM
WTB- front panel (faceplate) for National NC-270 EZela57383 Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 12:55 AM
Repairing hole in front panel Space Charge Boatanchors 3 August 9th 03 07:39 PM
WTB: Regency front panel UHF or VHF 1RTBee Swap 0 July 19th 03 09:42 PM