Old July 10th 04, 06:43 PM
Aaron Jones

PAMNO (N2EY) wrote:

In article , Aaron Jones
writes:

The Government when Bash helped get em [General frequencies] back.

With what? FCC didn't do a thing.

If the government wanted to prosecute Bash for corrupting their tests as you say
then they must have felt cheated. Course now that Bash type tests are the norm I
guess they got over it.

Fossil hams when the Government started using Bash test methods.

I'm only 50 - not quite a fossil yet...

I wasn't necessarily meaning you Jim since I'm well over a decade older than
you. I meant Fossil hams as in old thinking. Such as feeling cheated that
someone can memorize the tests (Bash or as currently given) and pass. Or feeling
cheated that their frequencies were taken away (me).

And you Jim when I have my Extra given to me for sitting on my butt...

When's that going to happen?

From what I read, change is now in the works. I hope you won't feel cheated when
it happens Jim...

You have Advanced, right?

Yep. FCC Examiner no less. I should feel cheated about these VE's.
(I don't though).

Which means you've been waiting as much as 36 years.....

Actually no. Shortly after I got the Advanced I went back to all CW ragchewing.
Been doing it every since. I don't even own a mike anymore and haven't needed
those Advanced privileges, so having an Extra probably won't change much. Except
maybe I can wave it around the newsgroups to bring all the fossils out...

(And I can finally get over feeling cheated about losing my frequencies-I'll be
a fossil free ham again.)

Good to hear from ya, "Aaron".

You too Jim, always fun jousting with you...

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old July 17th 04, 03:09 AM
ckh

On Sun, 5 Jul 3904 03:52:26, Edward Knobloch wrote:

In a recent posting about Ham Radio History, "No Spam"
wrote that he wished there were still Accu-keyer kits,
using small-scale logic chips.

I have a bare, drilled, "accu-keyer" board made by by WB4VVF,
with a sheet of his corrections.
I bought the board in the mid 1970's, then gave up
keyers when I realized that my bug fist had gotten lousy.

Interested?

email to k4pf at juno dot com

73,
Ed Knobloch

We worked the deal via email.

Got it a couple days ago. Nice looking board and genuine WB4VVF,
just like in my 1979 ARRL handbook.

Thanks!!!

de ah6gi/4