Old March 8th 05, 09:19 PM
Bill Grimwood

Default Heathkit SB 102

I have a heathkit SB 102 that I need the two rubber belts that run on the
drive preselecator shaft. Where can I get these and how do you get the
shaft out to slip them over the drive pullys?

Thanks

Bill

W4WEG

Old March 8th 05, 10:53 PM

Bill Grimwood wrote:
I have a heathkit SB 102 that I need the two rubber belts that run on

the
drive preselecator shaft. Where can I get these and how do you get

the
shaft out to slip them over the drive pullys?

Hi Bill, The belts are essentially "O" rings, and I would look for
auto parts, farm supply, or hardware stores that have a large selection
of O rings. As I remenber, you have to take the front panel off to get
the shaft loose to slip on new belts :-(
One other suggestion, Small Parts Inc. has a product called polycord
belting, where you make your own belt. The smallest diameter they have
is 1/8", may be too big. If you could use this stuff, you would not
have disassemble anything. Small Parts also has "O" rings.

73 Gary N4AST

Old March 8th 05, 11:50 PM
=K=5=D=H=

Bill,

Take your old belts to a good hardware store (not a big chain like Lowe's) and
match them up with some plumber's O-rings. I've been doing this for years.
They cost about $1.50 each. Buy spares while yer at it.

73,
Dean K5DH

In article ,
says...

Old March 9th 05, 04:58 AM
K5VSE

If it's anything like my HW-101, you have to remove the PA cage, then loosen
a fastener inside the cage. Then, the shaft will pull out far enough to get
the "O" rings over the shaft and pulley. Then just shove it back in reverse
order. No problem at all.

The idea of O rings is great. I have done it many times, and they always
work. I have on one occasion taken a broken belt to an auto parts store,
where they matched the thickness, and measured the length, cut it, and glued
it together. It's still working after about two years.

Good luck
Mike/K5VSE
Mena, AR

--
Mike-K5VSE
Formerly WB6VSE, senior tech, amateur division

Old March 11th 05, 02:31 AM
Joe

$1.50 "O" Rings , get em at any old mom and pop hardware store.

Loosen the coller behind the faceplate on the preselector shaft.
Pull the shaft outward
The rear of the preselector shaft It will slip out of the RF cage grommet
and let you slide the rings in.

-J