Old March 13th 05, 09:17 PM
Carl WA1KPD

Default Help Mystery Amp Modulator?

I have a mystery amp or modulator I would like to identify. Looks
commercial but there is no tags or identification on it. Runs 4 - 6146s
You can see pics at http://home.comcast.net/~chnord/Amp/mystery.htm and I
will post one on the Binaries radios
Can anyone help?
73

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Old March 14th 05, 05:09 AM
John Goller, k9uwa /W4 Snowbird

In article ,
says...

I have a mystery amp or modulator I would like to identify. Looks
commercial but there is no tags or identification on it. Runs 4 - 6146s
You can see pics at
http://home.comcast.net/~chnord/Amp/mystery.htm and I
Carl
WA1KPD

Carl I would say that with all that heavy iron on it... its an Modulator
for a plate modulated AM transmitter .. might even be a good HomeBrew one?
probably good for around 150 watts or so contiuous ham rating I would
think...
John k9uwa /w4 snowbird

Old March 14th 05, 05:21 AM
Phil B

Carl,

Well, it definitely looks like a modulator. It looks like a nice
homebrew except for the riveted sockets. That usually implies
commercial, but I have no idea why a company would produce a product
with absolutely no ID numbers or labels anywhere. If you haven't already
done so, try posting your question to an amateur radio newsgroup.

Phil B