RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/6690-wtb-ts-520s-remote-plug-not-ext-vfo-plug.html)

[email protected] July 13th 04 08:10 PM

WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug

WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug
On the back it reads REMOTE it has 8 pins and in the center it has a
hole with a key fit.
the other one says ext vfo, I do not need the EXT VFO.
The one I need says REMOTE on the back pnael.
Is this the one you have?
I want to hook up an Amp to it and I need to work off that plug.
Rich

John Miller July 13th 04 08:50 PM

wrote:
WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug
On the back it reads REMOTE it has 8 pins and in the center it has a
hole with a key fit.
the other one says ext vfo, I do not need the EXT VFO.
The one I need says REMOTE on the back pnael.
Is this the one you have?
I want to hook up an Amp to it and I need to work off that plug.

That's not Kenwood-specific; it's just a plain ol' octal socket, which takes
an octal plug. Used to be dirt common; a little rarer these days.

--
John Miller, N4VU
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Wit, n.:
The salt with which the American Humorist spoils his cookery
... by leaving it out.

Irv Finkleman July 14th 04 01:28 AM

wrote:

WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug
On the back it reads REMOTE it has 8 pins and in the center it has a
hole with a key fit.
the other one says ext vfo, I do not need the EXT VFO.
The one I need says REMOTE on the back pnael.
Is this the one you have?
I want to hook up an Amp to it and I need to work off that plug.
Rich

Get an old octal tube and breakthe glass away leaving the socket. That's the part you
are interested in.

Irv VE6BP
--
--------------------------------------
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

G.Beat July 15th 04 03:10 AM

wrote in message
WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug
On the back it reads REMOTE it has 8 pins and in the center it has a
hole with a key fit.
the other one says ext vfo, I do not need the EXT VFO.
The one I need says REMOTE on the back pnael.
Is this the one you have?
I want to hook up an Amp to it and I need to work off that plug.

Rich

Triode Electronics (Chicago area) has this in stock.
http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/index.html

The US made Amphenol "86 series" WPI plugs and sockets are readily available
from a number of sources.
The series has a: 4 pin, 5 pin, 6 pin, 8 pin and 11 pin models.

For conventional chassis mounting(with screws and nuts), Type S Sockets
require the mounting plates listed on the web page.
The 86-3-13 and 86-3-24 covers may be used with Type S sockets and 86CP type
plugs for making "umbilical cords" (such as your remote cable).

The 8 pin and 11 pin are the most common.
The 6 pin socket & plugs are the ones normally used with older Leslie
speakers (like 147 & 122) with tube amplifiers, that attach to Hammond
organs.
http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/amphenol.html

w9gb