Old August 15th 04, 04:45 PM
geowulf

Default SX73 ballast info wanted

I just looked at mine, the lettering on the top is barely readable,
but it looks like the same as yours....it clearly says AMPERITE, and
the numbers below at first looked like 0-4, but upon closer
inspection, the 0 I'm pretty sure is a 6. Don't know if it's the
original, but if yours and mine have the same number, that's probably
what's supposed to go in there.

George

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:47:08 -0400, "Mark Oppat"
wrote:

CORRECT HALLICRAFTERS SX-73 BALLAST TUBE?

I was hoping to hear from anyone who has a SX-73 Hallicrafters or the
military version R-274, R-274D.
What I'd like to clarify is what is the correct ballast tube type (number)
that is used in the octal base socket. Mine does not have the original
ballast tube in it. The type in mine is a type 6-4 AMPERITE
ballast/regulator tube, and the receiver does work. I just want to be
assured this is the closest match
for the "octal base" ballast tube originally used in these receivers, or is
this type indeed correct . What type does your SX-73 have in it?

Thanks, Dan

dg16ms26 at msn dot com.

Old August 16th 04, 08:46 PM
Don Vosper

Hello
Just had a quick look and the Ballast in my sx73 is 7H-4B. Someone has
written "Amperite 6-4" in the manual as the parts list doesn't give any part
number.
Just out of interest where does one get the lamps E5&6?
Don m5aky
Bristol UK
SX73 ser no 21

---

Old August 16th 04, 09:01 PM
Don Vosper

Sorry, that should be the lamps that are designated R101 and R102.
Don

---

Wanted Info Antennas by Smithe 15m Broomstick Randy and Cara Randall Antenna 0 May 8th 04 05:13 PM
Panasonic RF-4800 info wanted for repair. Al Bolton Boatanchors 0 May 1st 04 01:11 AM
Info Wanted: AEA WM-30 Cross Needle HF Power/ SWR Meter Dick, AA5VU Antenna 0 March 23rd 04 03:25 AM
Heathkit info wanted. Theo Boatanchors 2 October 14th 03 09:34 PM
Heathkit info wanted. Theo Boatanchors 0 October 14th 03 02:05 PM