Old August 28th 04, 11:34 PM
G.Beat

Default FA: Millen NOS 74004 coil forms

I never expected to see these NOS (in 2004)

Qty. 11. Octal Plug Enclosed James Millen Mfg. 74004 RF Coil Forms, NOS All
enclosed octal plug coil forms are new old stock, never used. Nine coil
forms have original cardboard sleeves and two coils are without sleeves.
Designed for frequencies between 100 kilo cycles and 4.5 mega cycles.
Powdered iron core and powdered iron shield.

gb

Old August 29th 04, 07:10 PM
Ken Scharf

G.Beat wrote:
I never expected to see these NOS (in 2004)

Qty. 11. Octal Plug Enclosed James Millen Mfg. 74004 RF Coil Forms, NOS All
enclosed octal plug coil forms are new old stock, never used. Nine coil
forms have original cardboard sleeves and two coils are without sleeves.
Designed for frequencies between 100 kilo cycles and 4.5 mega cycles.
Powdered iron core and powdered iron shield.

gb

They've been available on ebay before, but not it such a large
quanity at one time. I'm guessing these coil forms were made with
different slugs, since I've seen an old HB receiver project that
used them in the front end from 80-10 meters.

In fact the HB used Part # 74001 coil forms which Millen showed
useable to 35mhz. So the 74004 forms may be a bit rare.
Part number 74002 was supplied without the iron core.

Guess the 74004 coil forms are useful for IF transformers
and the 74001's are for receiver front end coils.