Old May 8th 05, 08:18 PM
Theo

Default I.D. please?

I have obtained an old receiver which has a metal plate attached to the
front panel, the details a-

TYPE CKP - 46159 - A
RADIO RECEIVER
Serial 635
A UNIT OF MODEL TCS-15 RADIO EQUIPMENT
MANUFACTURED FOR
NAVY DEPARTMENT - BUREAU OF SHIPS
BY CONTRACTOR
AIR KING PRODUCTS CO. INC.

BROOKLYN NEW YORK
CONTRACT NXSR - 86279

The frequency ranges are 1.5 - 3 , 3 - 6, and 6 - 12 (Mc/s)
in three bands.
Can anyone identify this set, and/or point me to a website where I could
perhaps find out more?

Theo

Old May 8th 05, 10:44 PM
K3HVG

What you have is an example of a TCS receiver. There are numerous sites
that will describe the equipment quite well. Its a WW2 vintage set,
originally designed by Collins Radio, that was used by the Navy into the
60's (albeit as a standby, emergency set). Books and info are
plentiful. If it hasn't been butchered, original connectors are
available from Wm Perry Co. It requires 12v for filaments and about
220v for the B+. I currently have a TCS-13 system on the air with, of
course, the companion transmitter, power supply, control box, and
antenna tuner. They make for a very nice, usable, and collectable
setup. A book for anything after the TCS-8 will give you the info you
need to operate and service the unit you have. Many of the manual
services have the books avaioable for purchase. Unfortunately, I don't
have any manual copies left from a run I did a year or so ago. If you
need a diagram, etc. I can provide those. You might check the BAMA
website; they may have the TCS manual available... I don't recall. But,
you do have a good "find" there.
Regards de K3HVG