Old October 10th 04, 02:47 PM
Tom

Default Skycraft Parts and Surplus - Orlando, Florida

Howdy,

I got into a discussion about Skycraft Parts and Surplus in Orlando
regarding it's early history the other day.

Anyone have facts regarding the original owner and location before 1970
(before they moved to Tallokas). Skycraft was sold to the present owners in
early 1970's when the shop was moved to Tallokas Ave. (before they moved to
Fairbanks where they are now).

Tom

Old October 13th 04, 03:54 AM
G.Beat

"Tom" wrote in message
Howdy,

I got into a discussion about Skycraft Parts and Surplus in Orlando
regarding it's early history the other day.

Anyone have facts regarding the original owner and location before 1970
(before they moved to Tallokas). Skycraft was sold to the present owners
in
early 1970's when the shop was moved to Tallokas Ave. (before they moved
Fairbanks where they are now).

Tom

I have not been to Skycraft for a few years, how did they survive the
hurricanes??

gb

Old October 14th 04, 01:09 PM
Tom

I haven't heard anything about Skycraft so I guess they did OK. I was told
that they took down their 'flying saucer' for safe keeping.

A sad note... Mr. Skycraft (new owner from the early 70's) passed away
sometime during hurricane Frances.

I passed by ERSC weeks ago and noticed some roof work on their warehouse...
I hope Stan and his stock of 2 million plus electron tubes made it through
the hurricane. They must have gotten the full force of the wind being in
the clear as they are.

It's a great place to get your tubes from and Stan is a great guy to deal
with; their prices are very resonable. It was quite overwhelming for me to
walk up and down the aisles of their warehouse and look at all those
tubes---just stunning.
http://home.att.net/~esrc/esrcmain.html

Tom