Old May 25th 05, 02:56 AM
Tom Ring

Dave Platt wrote:

In article ,
Tom Ring wrote:

J Random Nastyguy gets caught and reported on my net. Like the .kr I
nailed tonight trying to ssh2 in. It would be easier to just block the
whole of the far east, and I may do that someday soon.

It's sure tempting. I've already got fairly hard email blocks against
most of the far east. For a couple of my domains, I've even
programmed by DNS servers not to respond to queries from those
areas... just too darned much spam.

Well no matter, I'll live without it. Sounded good though.

I've turned off the NAT-check filter, and noticed that the number of
downloaders jumped up suddenly from 2 to 4. You might want to give it
another try and see if it works this time. My tracker may have
"noticed" that you were behind a NAT, and decided to snub you...
that won't happen now.

Another thing to check, is to see what happens to *outbound*
connections from your system, to port 6881 on other peoples' systems.
I can see that my own downloader (which has a complete copy) initiated
an outbound connection from its port 2723 to someone else's 6881. It's
conceivable that your downloader tried to "connect out" to someone
else's 6881, did so from a dynamically-assigned port number, and that
your firewall rules are blocking the SYN/ACK connection responses back
from the other downloader's 6881.

If that still won't work, then you might want to check at
http://www.r-bonomi.com/radio/ - you can probably get a copy via HTTP
from there.

No joy on torrent from your site, and I have test downloaded from
several other places with no problems at all. Wonder what the heck the
deal is.

tom
K0TAR
Old May 25th 05, 02:57 AM
John Smith

If anyone needs an anonymous proxy:

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
The smart ones will just come at you though a western proxy... frown

Warmest regards,
John

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..
Dave Platt wrote:

In article ,
Tom Ring wrote:

No go, and I added extra ports - 6882-6889.

Hmmm...

Your end is trying to connect on nonstandard ports back to my end. They
are not ports listed on any of the torrent pages I've looked at,
assuming your end is 195.23.xxx.xxx. It tried from 6882 on your end to
2471, 2523, and 2546 on my end. 6882 is fine, but as a destination.

Nope, that's somebody else - the IP range looks like it's in Portugal.
It _could_ be someone else who is fetching the torrent and is trying
to peer with you (there's one active downloader for each of the two,
at the moment), or it could be J. Random Nastyguy portscanning your
system looking for trojans and etc.

J Random Nastyguy gets caught and reported on my net. Like the .kr I
nailed tonight trying to ssh2 in. It would be easier to just block the
whole of the far east, and I may do that someday soon.

I'm really not sure why you're having the problem. I do see that the
4.01 BitTorrent tracker has some logic which tries to figure out
whether the system asking for the download is behind a NAT, although
I'm not sure what it does with the information. I'll try restarting
the tracker and turning that feature off... maybe it'll make a
difference.

Old May 25th 05, 05:41 AM
John Smith

Oh, silly me, didn't include how to use the information on those proxies...
here is how microsoft suggests doing it, for internet explorer...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=135982
Don't forget to turn off the proxy (remove the proxy setting) if you lose
internet connection... these proxies disappear if the computer you are
preying through shutsdown or turns off proxy sharing... if so, just grab a
new proxy address and port off that page, in the previous post, and plug it
in and off ya go...

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
The smart ones will just come at you though a western proxy... frown

Warmest regards,
John

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..

Old May 25th 05, 05:44 AM
John Smith

.... preying = proxy'ing... must have been a Freudian slip... grin

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
The smart ones will just come at you though a western proxy... frown

Warmest regards,
John

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..

Old May 25th 05, 07:07 AM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Tom Ring wrote:

No joy on torrent from your site, and I have test downloaded from
several other places with no problems at all. Wonder what the heck the
deal is.

Beats me! This is really strange. There have been a total of 80
successful downloads so far.

Protocol-revision problems? Moon in the wrong phase? I just don't
get it.

So far, I haven't figured out the magic incantation to get the tracker
to tell me who it thinks is connected, and what they're doing. I'll
keep poking at it when I have the opportunity.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO