Old November 7th 04, 03:52 AM
Ade Weiss

Default FS: Pierson-Holt KE-93 Power supply

This power supply came with a KE-93 which I then gutted and converted
to solid state -- was a fine receiver before and after the conversion, but
in its present state, I don't think that it could be returned to its original
tube configuration without a whole lot of work! Manual included.

If interested, contact:

Ade Weiss W0RSP

Old November 8th 04, 02:50 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , Ade Weiss
writes:

This power supply came with a KE-93 which I then gutted and converted
to solid state -- was a fine receiver before and after the conversion, but
in its present state, I don't think that it could be returned to its original
tube configuration without a whole lot of work! Manual included.

For anyone interested in the complete pair (RX and AC PS), I will be posting
mine for sale in a day or so. Ya know, there were probably transistor
receivers that were larger than the KE-93 -- that radio is REALLY compact for
12 tubes. And a super performer on the BC and Tropical bands. And a squelch
system that really works!

When you converted your KE-93, did you jsut replace each tube, fnctionally,
with a transistor or two, or did you do some major redesign of the IF system
and detectors? Like add a product detector?
73, Mike K. AA1UK

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.