RadioBanter

-   -   CB Linear FS (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/72798-re-cb-linear-fs.html)

Joe S. June 14th 05 02:40 AM

CB Linear FS

I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then, CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

--

-----
Joe S.

"Kathy Lee KC8QJP" wrote in message
news:1118689035.c1c85969e808d28d84c9535ad3eb42cc@t eranews...
$500 firm. Be loud and proud!

Brenda Ann June 14th 05 03:15 AM

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Bi-linear= amplified transmit and receive. IIRC, those receive amps were
about 20dB gain and noisy as hell.

Woody June 14th 05 04:24 AM

You know... not just Lin-yer, but TWICE as Lin-yer... da
dubble-whammy-mammy-jammy-for-the-astute-hammy.

Either that or it is such a complicated abstract of the parallel linearity
of circuitry that a sane mind couldn't possibly comprehend it.

Last I learnt, them lin-yers was a dollar a watt, [being bird-watts of
course], so if that thing is a killer-watt, then it's half-price!
But don't laugh....
Right now somebody out there in skip-land is trying like heck to sell some
rottweilers and gold-triggers in order to buy that thing.

rb

Uncle Peter June 14th 05 11:11 AM

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

--

It might have something to do with the amp's sexual preferences.

Don Bowey June 14th 05 06:43 PM

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then, CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

--

-----
Joe S.

"Kathy Lee KC8QJP" wrote in message
news:1118689035.c1c85969e808d28d84c9535ad3eb42cc@t eranews...
$500 firm. Be loud and proud!

Gosh, a new top-poster. But I guess that goes along with the other attitude
problem.

What are the specs of the unit that make it "good gear?"

Don

Gregg June 15th 05 03:53 AM

Behold, Brenda Ann scribed on tube chassis:

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Bi-linear= amplified transmit and receive. IIRC, those receive amps
were about 20dB gain and noisy as hell.

Heh, even the 2dB NF ones will push a front-end into overload,
worsening the overall NF by a good 30 dB ;-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

clem June 15th 05 05:53 AM

It still has the smoke inside of it !

Robert Bonomi June 15th 05 01:21 PM

In article , Joe S. wrote:
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then, CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Gol durn it! Don't youse guys know nuttin'?

Everybody knows what "bi" means!

Its those types that swing both ways.

AC-DC, you know?

*snicker*

Larry June 16th 05 02:58 AM

Joe S. wrote:
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Upper *and* lower sideband?