Old June 14th 05, 02:40 AM
Joe S.

Default CB Linear FS

I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then, CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

--

-----
Joe S.

"Kathy Lee KC8QJP" wrote in message
news:1118689035.c1c85969e808d28d84c9535ad3eb42cc@t eranews...
$500 firm. Be loud and proud!

Old June 14th 05, 03:15 AM
Brenda Ann

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Bi-linear= amplified transmit and receive. IIRC, those receive amps were
about 20dB gain and noisy as hell.

Old June 14th 05, 04:24 AM
Woody

You know... not just Lin-yer, but TWICE as Lin-yer... da
dubble-whammy-mammy-jammy-for-the-astute-hammy.

Either that or it is such a complicated abstract of the parallel linearity
of circuitry that a sane mind couldn't possibly comprehend it.

Last I learnt, them lin-yers was a dollar a watt, [being bird-watts of
course], so if that thing is a killer-watt, then it's half-price!
But don't laugh....
Right now somebody out there in skip-land is trying like heck to sell some
rottweilers and gold-triggers in order to buy that thing.

rb

Old June 14th 05, 11:11 AM
Uncle Peter

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

--

It might have something to do with the amp's sexual preferences.

Old June 14th 05, 02:36 PM
AB8MQ

I wouldn't expect you to know good gear when you see it, **** for brains.
Afterall, you don't even know what a receive pre amp is.

Old June 15th 05, 03:53 AM
Gregg

Behold, Brenda Ann scribed on tube chassis:

"Joe S." wrote in message
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then,

CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Bi-linear= amplified transmit and receive. IIRC, those receive amps
were about 20dB gain and noisy as hell.

Heh, even the 2dB NF ones will push a front-end into overload,
worsening the overall NF by a good 30 dB ;-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Old June 15th 05, 05:53 AM
clem

It still has the smoke inside of it !

What are the specs of the unit that make it "good gear?"

Don

Old June 15th 05, 01:21 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article , Joe S. wrote:
I would not desecrate my garbage can with that piece of junk. Then, CB'ers
will buy anything with a lot of switches and a meaningless name like
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Gol durn it! Don't youse guys know nuttin'?

Everybody knows what "bi" means!

Its those types that swing both ways.

AC-DC, you know?

*snicker*
Old June 16th 05, 02:58 AM
Larry

Joe S. wrote:
"bi-linear" -- what's that supposed to mean?

Upper *and* lower sideband?