Old December 2nd 04, 02:34 AM
COLIN LAMB

Upon reflection and other posts, I realize that I left out tobacco and tar
resins.

Some people consider that a negative - but I have never seen a chassis
covered in tar which is rusty. So, the tobacco resins must serve as a rust
preventative.

Therefore, those using my suggested rating system should add a "+" sign to
the numerical rating to indicate an ehancement.

73, Colin K7FM

---

Old December 1st 04, 03:12 PM
Randy or Sherry Guttery

COLIN LAMB wrote:

The Other 10

10 All the knobs are there
9 All the knobs are there but some are broken
8 Some of the knobs are missing
7 Fewer than 3 rust spots on the cabinet
6 Only a couple of rust spots on the face
5 Oil coming out of the transformer
4 What transformer
3 Mouse nest inside
2 Some parts may be salvageable
1 Archeologists have identified this item

LOL - this is more what I think of when reading many "it's an 8 out of
10" descriptions...

But it does make me wonder what it would take to put together a picture
grading scale. Pictures of 10 radios of the same model in condition 1 to
10 so that those grading and those trying to use the grades would have
something in common to compare to.

but then I guess that would be just about as subjective as words to some
folks... "sure this one has more rust - but it's not as bad a place".

never mind
--
Sherry

Old December 2nd 04, 01:25 AM
Scott Dorsey

What about "WORKS GOOD BUT ALL TUBES MISSING" and "CRISPY MINT UNTESTED?"

Strictly speaking "RARE!!!!" is not a condition code, nor is "JUST LIKE NEVE!!!"
but they are unfortunately used in place of conditions.

Also of course is the "EMBEDDED IN TOBACCO RESIDUE."
--scott

Old December 1st 04, 09:10 PM
K3HVG

My favorite is "good condition for its age...." Now what the $%#@ does
that mean?

Old December 1st 04, 09:16 PM
BFoelsch

"K3HVG" wrote in message
news
My favorite is "good condition for its age...." Now what the $%#@ does
that mean?

It means, "I should have thrown this thing out years ago, but I didn't."

Old December 1st 04, 09:16 PM
BFoelsch

news

Old December 1st 04, 11:59 PM
Bill Powell

An addition:
-1 Being sold on eBay by someone who can't test it cause the cord was
cut.

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:53:30 -0500, "Dr. Al Link"
wrote:

The Ten-Scale Rating Chart

10 NEW
9 AS NEW/MINT