Old December 10th 04, 10:39 PM
Ron, KC4YOY

Default D-104 element

I'm looking for a replacement mic element for an
old style unamplified D-104.
Does anyone know of a source?

73, Ron

--
C.R."Ron"Lawrence KC4YOY
Antique Radio Collector & Historian

POBox 3015
Matthews, NC 28106-3015
704-289-1166 (home)

Radio Collection Web Page,
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com
Clough-Brengle equipment web page
http://CloughBrengle.homestead.com
CC-AWA Web Page,
http://www.cc-awa.org
TCA Tube Photo Gallery,
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/TCA.html
SuperHet web page,
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/superhets.html

Old December 10th 04, 11:07 PM
w9gb

"Ron, KC4YOY" wrote in message
I'm looking for a replacement mic element for an old style unamplified
D-104.
Does anyone know of a source?

73, Ron

Ron,

Yes. Mouser has Kobitone crystal and ceramic Hi-Z microphone elements that
have been successfully used by other D-104 owners for replacement.

These can be found in their on-line catalog (Adobe Acrobat) on page 1136
(lower right of that page). Specification of the elements (diameters,
impedance, etc.) are shown:
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/620/1136.pdf

gb

Old December 11th 04, 03:52 PM
Ray

Ron, KC4YOY wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement mic element for an
old style unamplified D-104.
Does anyone know of a source?

73, Ron

I put a Heil element in mine. I had to do a little padding with foam
rubber.

The Heil is not high level like the original element, but works great
with modern rigs.

Ray

Old December 11th 04, 05:19 PM
Scott Dorsey

Ron, KC4YOY wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement mic element for an
old style unamplified D-104.
Does anyone know of a source?

Astatic still stocks kits. Call their parts department.
--scott

Old December 11th 04, 06:41 PM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Ron, KC4YOY wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement mic element for an
old style unamplified D-104.
Does anyone know of a source?

http://www.astatic.com/

It's been a while, but they even answered my questions on the phone.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem Israel
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838

Fishing pole element construction facts [email protected] Antenna 11 November 9th 04 07:01 PM
Call for a *practical* design for a 5 or 6 element wideband yagi using a hertz dipole as DE Richard Antenna 7 June 11th 04 02:58 PM
Simple practical designing with antenna modeling programs Richard Antenna 4 June 11th 04 02:19 AM
Scaling yagi antennas Richard Antenna 3 June 6th 04 12:38 PM
VHF yagi element diameter Richard Antenna 3 June 5th 04 02:17 PM