Old August 6th 05, 01:02 PM
GBrown

Default Stuffing Paper Capacitors.

I am now stuffing the old paper/wax capacitors. All caps are stuffed with
630 volt Metalized Polyester Film caps. Kits are available for your
restoration. To really keep it looking original, clip out your old caps and
send them to me. Shoot me an email for a quote.
I am also doing the old multi section, paper electrolytics as used in
Hallicrafters S-38 series.
Will be doing "Black Beautys" and "bumblebees" in the near future.

--
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M

Old August 7th 05, 01:21 AM
gb

"GBrown" wrote in message

I am now stuffing the old paper/wax capacitors. All caps are stuffed with
630 volt Metalized Polyester Film caps. Kits are available for your
restoration. To really keep it looking original, clip out your old caps
and
send them to me. Shoot me an email for a quote.
I am also doing the old multi section, paper electrolytics as used in
Hallicrafters S-38 series.
Will be doing "Black Beautys" and "bumblebees" in the near future.

--
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M

Early TV restoration has the photos for their paper capacitor process
http://www.earlytelevision.org/cap_replace.html

For the restorer ... toward Smithsonian levels ..... it is not uncommon to
find older radios where the original capacitors were replaced with more
modern (usually post WW2) versions. In order to restore the chassis to an
authentic (as possible), use replacement labels.
Remove the paper label from one of the pre WW2 capacitors in the set and
scan it into your computer. I then use Photoshop (or other graphics editor)
to create new labels for the replacement capacitors. Using Photoshop, you
change the capacity and voltage on the label to match the values needed.
You can remove the post WW2 replacement --- glue the new label to the
capacitor -- and reinstall in the radio or TV.

Bill Turner was making the old multi-section cardboard tubes - but due to
his health problems -- he is not currently taking orders.
http://www.dialcover.com/caps.html

g. beat
w9gb

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
Electrolytic coupling capacitors Jason Hsu Homebrew 4 November 18th 03 01:55 PM
Electrolytic coupling capacitors Jason Hsu Homebrew 0 November 17th 03 10:49 PM
FS: Lots of 500: 50V 22uF Electrolytic Capacitors :: $ 27 SHIPPED Jerry Rakar Swap 0 November 11th 03 11:30 AM