Old August 11th 05, 06:01 AM
Dana

Default Anyone here in Georgia?

I have a hammerlond hq-120 that is blowing fueses every once in a while. I
had a friend in Macon fix the radio once. You can put a fuse in and it
might be 6 months before it blows 1. I am a blind person, and i want the
radio to work again. This radio came out of WKEU radio station here in
Griffin. If you know of anyone, just e-mail back.
Old August 12th 05, 03:38 AM
Reg Edwards

"Dana" wrote in message
x.com...
I have a hammerlond hq-120 that is blowing fueses every once in a

while. I
had a friend in Macon fix the radio once. You can put a fuse in and

it
might be 6 months before it blows 1. I am a blind person, and i want

the
radio to work again. This radio came out of WKEU radio station here

in
Griffin. If you know of anyone, just e-mail back.

=================================

Try a fuse with the next higher rating. It won't do any harm.
----
Reg.

Old August 12th 05, 07:26 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Reg Edwards wrote:

"Dana" wrote in message
x.com...
I have a hammerlond hq-120 that is blowing fueses every once in a

while. I
had a friend in Macon fix the radio once. You can put a fuse in and

it
might be 6 months before it blows 1. I am a blind person, and i want

the
radio to work again. This radio came out of WKEU radio station here

in
Griffin. If you know of anyone, just e-mail back.

=================================

Try a fuse with the next higher rating. It won't do any harm.
----
Reg.

How is he supposed to read the markings on the fuses if he's blind?

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 13th 05, 12:39 AM
;-p

Yeah, that fuse just went for no reason at all. The advice to use the
next size larger isn't right. Might as well jumper across the fuse
terminals and see what smokes. Great way to trouble shoot a problem.

Old August 13th 05, 12:56 AM
Harold E. Johnson

Great way to trouble shoot a problem.

Try

He's not in GA, but close, (Knoxville, TN) and does beautiful, reliable work
inexpensively.

W4ZCB

Old August 13th 05, 07:05 PM
K3HVG

Dana, Too bad I'm not just a bit closer! If your HQ-120 is blowing
fuses, it may well be that the old wax/paper capacitors are finally
giving up. My '120 required that 100% of them had to be replaced. The
B+ voltage was being loaded down so much that the fuse would blow. If
yours haven't been replaced... its a sure bet they'll need it. Thank
the stars the receiver is fused and don't try a bigger one... it'll just
make more smoke! de K3HVG