RadioBanter

-   -   Interfacing L-4B to Ten-Tec Orion (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/76386-interfacing-l-4b-ten-tec-orion.html)

John N9JG August 14th 05 09:09 PM

Interfacing L-4B to Ten-Tec Orion

The Orion manual warns the user not to directly connect the Orion's external
key line to older linear amplifiers made by Collins, Drake and Heathkit,
because the voltage on the linear's keyline is too high. Instead, Ten-Tec
states, a relay or transistor switch is _required_ between the Orion amp key
jack and the amplifier PTT keyline.

Does anyone know of a suitable device or schematic for this interface?
Preferably, it would be self-powered.

John, N9JG

al goss August 17th 05 11:59 AM

can't reply without removing your "xremove"
if ya want a reply or not----get a back up e-mail adr to cover spam and
your butt.
I didn't notice befo wrote you a LOT of info...even where & what to
buy---afterwards noticed your "don't reply" without remove this and
that---too much trouble !!!!!
good luck !
al

John N9JG August 17th 05 02:19 PM

Gee, Al, now I'm really wondering about the goodies you tried to send me. If
you don't have the time to correct my email address, could you just post the
info on this newsgroup?
-- John

Uncle Peter August 21st 05 09:19 PM

John

Harbach Electronics makes an interface module that might work with
your setup. Drop them a line and check. I think it sells for around 23
dollars. You could homebrew one, but you'd have to know the keying
voltage and current drawn by the relay in the amplifier.

http://www.harbachelectronics.com/

Pete

John N9JG August 21st 05 10:12 PM

Thank you for the information, but another person had suggested the
Ameritron ARB-704 Interface Buffer, for $50. I have installed this device
and it seems to work fine.

I am also glad to know about Harbach Electronics.

John, N9JG