Old August 14th 05, 09:09 PM
John N9JG

Default Interfacing L-4B to Ten-Tec Orion

The Orion manual warns the user not to directly connect the Orion's external
key line to older linear amplifiers made by Collins, Drake and Heathkit,
because the voltage on the linear's keyline is too high. Instead, Ten-Tec
states, a relay or transistor switch is _required_ between the Orion amp key
jack and the amplifier PTT keyline.

Does anyone know of a suitable device or schematic for this interface?
Preferably, it would be self-powered.

John, N9JG

Old August 17th 05, 11:59 AM
al goss

can't reply without removing your "xremove"
if ya want a reply or not----get a back up e-mail adr to cover spam and
your butt.
I didn't notice befo wrote you a LOT of info...even where & what to
buy---afterwards noticed your "don't reply" without remove this and
that---too much trouble !!!!!
good luck !
al

Old August 17th 05, 02:19 PM
John N9JG

Gee, Al, now I'm really wondering about the goodies you tried to send me. If
you don't have the time to correct my email address, could you just post the
info on this newsgroup?
-- John

Old August 21st 05, 09:19 PM
Uncle Peter

John

Harbach Electronics makes an interface module that might work with
your setup. Drop them a line and check. I think it sells for around 23
dollars. You could homebrew one, but you'd have to know the keying
voltage and current drawn by the relay in the amplifier.

http://www.harbachelectronics.com/

Pete

Old August 21st 05, 10:12 PM
John N9JG

Thank you for the information, but another person had suggested the
Ameritron ARB-704 Interface Buffer, for $50. I have installed this device
and it seems to work fine.

I am also glad to know about Harbach Electronics.

John, N9JG

newsl5Oe.1980$sw6.307@fed1read05...