Old August 22nd 05, 09:54 PM
Jiri Placek

Does anyone please have good spare handles and fan for the 500 series?
I need them for rebuilding the 575 tracer.

Thanks

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Old August 22nd 05, 10:31 PM
Chuck Harris

Jiri Placek wrote:
Does anyone please have good spare handles and fan for the 500 series?
I need them for rebuilding the 575 tracer.

They are probably all bad by now. Take your old handles to a shoe repair shop,
and see if they will sew up a new pair out of blue shoe leather. It's an easy job.

-Chuck
Old August 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
Gregg

Behold, Michael A. Terrell scribed on tube chassis:

Gregg wrote:

We do?

Who? Where?

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/

D'OH!

I was at his house last summer too!
(watch his dogs though! :-o )

Thanks :-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Old August 23rd 05, 04:14 AM
william_b_noble

for those who may care, I have a tek bezel, a possibly NOS graticule, and
microfishe service manuals for 585, 81, 82, ca - make me an offer

"radionutz" wrote in message
.net...
Chris;
You don't say if you want to buy them or if you are looking for a "gimme".
I have a model 555 scope with plug-ins, power supply and orginal cart that
I don't use and never will but I don't want to just give it away. I don't
know if it works or not but it is complete including the million or so
tubes in it. You can take a look at it on my web site at:

www.home.earthlink.net/~dmign/index.htm

there is a menu bar on the left side of the page. Click on the TEST EQUIP
link and it is near the bottom of the page. Also I am in the
South-eastern part of Ohio, USA so a little more than 50 miles from you.
E-mail me at: dmign at earthlink dot net if you want any more
information.

DON

"Chris Singleton" wrote in message
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had any old vacuum-tube based Tektronix
equipment (5xx series scopes, plug-in's, etc) that they wanted to get rid
of. I am located in the Vancouver, BC area and can come and pick-up
anything in a 50 mile radius. Does not matter if the equipment is not
working.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Chris

Please respond to
(remove -NOSPAM- to respond)

Old August 23rd 05, 05:22 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Gregg wrote:

D'OH!

I was at his house last summer too!
(watch his dogs though! :-o )

Thanks :-)

No problem.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old August 23rd 05, 01:34 PM
Gregg

Behold, clf scribed on tube chassis:

I've got a Power Transformer out of an old Tek Scope - 545 I think or
maybe an earlier model.

Hey, I actually have specs for that one! :-)

Old August 23rd 05, 02:46 PM
Ptaylor

clf wrote:
"Ptaylor" wrote in message

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article , Bret
Ludwig
at
wrote on 8/22/05 3:59 PM:

I had a couple of doghouse blue Tek scopes I gave away to a guy, who
wound up parting them out and building some very crude tube audio stuff
he charged a lot of money for to gullible idiots in St. Louis. That
town appears to be a haven for audio con men.

The old Tek scopes are either too much work to keep going, or have
mostly been used so heavily they are no longer usable. There are no
more parts for DESIRABLE Tek scopes! Tek has not made an actual
oscilloscope in nearly ten years and the last ones (the TAS series)
were crude and nearly unusable.

Large quantities of certain parts do exist-because either those are
the parts that don't go bad or they are for stuff you don't want
anyway.

Actually, old Tek scopes have some great parts that lend themselves to
happy
employment in some really nice tube designs . . . .

Indeed! ;-)
The power transformers from the older tubed beasts are great for
projects,if you can find any info on them,or else sit with the DMM and a
pencil for a while untill you've got it..(a variac is helpful too!)
I scrapped one that was beyond help,along with a HP that I couldn't figure
out,tried/tested everything under the sun,finally gave up.
Tons of good tubes,sockets,etc. in there too!

I've got a Power Transformer out of an old Tek Scope - 545 I think or maybe
an earlier model.

snip
I think that's the model that one of mine came
from(tranny#120-120)..I've collected 3-4 big Tek trannies over the last
few years.

I'm sorta looking for another Tek tranny for my projects,marked 120-296
(from Tek 564's),if anyone has a spare. I'm thinking if I can find
another,the pair will make nice power trannies for a couple of PP EL34
monoblocks. ;-)
Old August 23rd 05, 05:03 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Gregg wrote:

Behold, clf scribed on tube chassis:

I've got a Power Transformer out of an old Tek Scope - 545 I think or
maybe an earlier model.

Hey, I actually have specs for that one! :-)

I have a Tektronix CRT and Shield:

The CRT part# is 154-0531-00
The shield part# is 337-1021-01
and the power transformer:
The transformer part# is 120-0575-00.

I believe they are from a 561 rack mount scope I scrapped for the
high voltage supply to fix a portable scope. I also have the power
transformer from the same scope.

Old August 23rd 05, 08:00 PM
clf

"Ptaylor" wrote in message
Jon Yaeger wrote:
in article , Bret
Ludwig
at
wrote on 8/22/05 3:59 PM:

[...]

an earlier model. The model numbers are all starting to run together in the
ole noggin (hey I'm getting old!) and it's been like 5 years since I had
this thing. Anyway, it was one of the big dinosaurs. The scope worked fine
but I had no room for it, so I stripped it. May have some other parts
floating around too. The transformer does have a part number I can supply.
If anyone is interested, let me know. "I" don't need it. Not sure what
shipping would be, this sucker is heavy. I also have 2 manuals for 2
separate models of the 422 scope - both in fairly decent shape.

WANTED: vintage Tekni-Cals water transfer decals K5DH Equipment 1 February 19th 05 03:42 AM
Wanted: Old Tektronix Equipment Chris Singleton Boatanchors 1 June 16th 04 06:43 AM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Swap 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM
Vintage CB photo gallery, callsign database and vintage CB recordings now on-line Night Ranger CB 1 October 31st 03 01:49 PM
Wanted: Tektronix Oscilloscopes Fred Allen Swap 0 September 19th 03 07:49 PM